Thursday, October 05, 2006

Experimenting again


This time it is 2 games on real Tape, look att my pictures. I did buy these tapes for 2 Euro, cheap.

Why did I that? It's because I have an theory in my mind that If i download wav 2 tap converter from the internet then I would play the game from my tapes in a emulator. So Yesterday I did my test.Recorded the beeps from the tape to a wav file (no compression on the wav quality)

Then runned the program mtzx233w which can be downloaded at:http://tzxvault.retrogames.com/tools.htm
(The link may not work allways)

I extracted it up and dropped the wav file to the exe file.The program starts to calculate and when it's done it turns off and you got the tape image file for spectrum on your root folder (C:\)

Then It were just start to playing after the load to a spectrum drive (emulator)I never use fast loaders because it ruins the feeling of loading something real.

The Game which work were "Heavy on the Magic" but the second tape had so much errors in the tape that it failed with the conversion from wav to tape image. the game were "tapper"

But fun that this works.

No comments: